SQL/Hive Developer Job Description:
We are looking for a SQL/Hive developer who will assist with development across our Hive based Hadoop stack. In this role, you would be working with a team of Big Data developers, data analysts, and business users to develop, implement, and fully test the appropriate solutions on the Big Data Platform.
Söoryen Technologies is a leading edge technology services company with competencies in FinTech, cloud development and eCommerce. Our focus on engineering and customer centric agile development methodologies ensure that our clients are successful in enabling their businesses with winning solutions.
If you’re really bright, passionate about world changing software, and want to do something amazing, join us!
Rochelle Park, NJ
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Intermediate to strong understanding of ANSI SQL (roughly 3+ years of experience)
- Experience working with large data sets (basic understanding of a data warehouse design and principles)
- Core SQL design & development (Schema design, Data Modeling, DML, DDL)
- Performance tuning, analysis and optimization of SQL code, must be able to review and optimize large & complex SQL scripts.
- Build & manage ETL jobs and new data pipelines from various structured and unstructured sources into Hadoop using Hive (SQL)
- Foundational knowledge in Linux/Unix (filesystem understanding, permissions, automation, basic shell scripting)
- Basic understanding of code management principles & best practices. Effective use of SCM technologies (BitBucket, Git etc.)
- Must be able to work well within a fast-paced & skilled development team and able to provide and receive peer code review.
Nice to have skills:
- Hands-on experience coding in Java and/or Python
- Understanding of Hadoop eco-system tools/technologies: YARN, HDFS, Hive, Map/Reduce, Spark, Druid, Zeppelin, Ambari, Sqoop, Atlas, Ranger etc.
- Big Data Application development using various big data technologies including Hive, Hbase, Phoenix, Java Map/Reduce and Sqoop
- Experience with an orchestration tool (preferably Cisco TIDAL)
- Basic understanding of an MPP system such as IBM Netezza or Redshift
Potential Daily Responsibilities:
- Design, build and maintain Big Data workflows/pipelines to process terabytes worth of data into and out of data lake
- Fine-tune application performance
- Troubleshoot and resolve data processing issues
- Engage in application design and data modeling discussions
- Build, maintain and execute unit test cases with high code coverage
Insurance, Health & Wellness
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
Financial & Retirement
Family & Parenting
- Flexible working hours
- Maternity & Paternity Leave